Welcome to Pregnancy Help
Ko te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te whanau.
The purpose of our work is family wellness.
Vision Statement/Te Moemoea
- Individuals and families that are empowered and well supported during pregnancy and the early childhood years.
- To work collaboratively with other organisations to enhance each other's work.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU?
Services of Pregnancy Help are:
- Information & Guidance
- Referral Service & Advocacy
- Telephone & Email Support
- Practical Support - Baby Clothing, and Nursery Items
- Additional services are also provided and vary from branch to branch - pregnancy tests, qualified counselling, drop in centres, birthing/parenting support programmes, home/hospital visits.
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH OUR WORK, OUR PEOPLE AND OUR ACHIEVEMENTS - via our National Newsletter.
To receive a copy (every 6 months) click on the newsletter sign up button above or email us at email@example.com
NATIONAL SAFE SLEEP DAY
6 December 2013
We are looking forward to taking part in the first 'National Sleep Day' on 6 December.
Safe Sleep Day is all about encouraging local community groups to bring the safe sleep messages to their families in fun and entertaining ways.
Several Pregnancy Help branches have holding events to promote key safe sleeping messages -
Mata ki te rangi, i tōna moenga motuhake
Back to sleep in baby’s own bed
PLACE baby in his or her own baby bed, face clear of bedding, in the same room as a caregiver
ELIMINATE smoking in pregnancy, and protect baby with a smoke free whanau, whare and waka
POSITION baby flat on his or her back to sleep, face up towards the heavens
ENCOURAGE and support mum, so baby is breastfed
Contact the branch nearest you to find out details of their event.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US?
We are grateful for the funding that we receive which enables us to deliver our vital services to those who need and appreciate them.
As demand for our services grows so does the need to finance them. If you feel you would like to support the work of Pregnancy Help there are several ways in which to do this.
1. Become a volunteer
2. Become a financial member
3. Make a one off donation or regular donations
4. Donate baby items - clothing, bedding
With us, become part of our National Organisation and help to support families/ whanau throughout New Zealand.
TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT PREGNANCY HELP TO RAISE FUNDS TO DELIVER OUR SERVICES TO THOUSANDS OF NEW ZEALAND FAMILIES EACH YEAR - click on the donate now button.